If you’re a purchasing leader in the inorganic chemical space looking to advance your career, read on….
- Privately owned national chemical manufacturing and distribution firm that values people, process and performance
- They’ve been in business for over 40 years and have grown tremendously over the last few years
- The company has a strong presence nationwide and serves a variety of industries ranging from water treatment to nutraceuticals to agriscience
- The owners are committed to growing the company for many years to come
- Ensure the firm has security of supply by minimizing risk and managing costs.
- Perform comprehensive ‘make versus buy’ analyses
- Represent the procurement function in a variety of cross-functional teams with sales, marketing and product stewardship
- Gather, summarize and analyze market intelligence and then present information to senior leadership
- Communicate anticipated supply needs to the supplier community
- Supervise other purchasing personnel
- A four-year bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in chemistry or chemical engineering or supply chain
- At least five years of chemical sourcing experience is required, preferably with dry inorganics
- The firm values self-motivated, tenacious employees who take ownership of work processes and results
- This position is based in an office, so the successful candidate must be willing and able to work at a location in northwest Houston