Are you looking for a full-time job as a Bookkeeping Specialist in the 77546? If you are, Friendswood First Baptist Church would like to hear about it. Keep reading for more details on this role!
Accounts Payable/ Receivable
- Make related journal entries for weekly cash deposits.
- Monitor and maintain the cash flow and church credit cards.
- Process bills for payment and maintain records.
- Input Children’s Day student billings and receipts.
General Accounting and Budgeting
- Work with Ministerial staff to prepare the annual budget.
- Assist the Church in preparing a yearly budget draft for review.
- Keep accounts and funds current.
- Balance checking and investment accounts.
- Assist in maintaining and revising written accounting procedures in cash processing, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, and fiscal oversight.
- Maintain insurance and contractor files and payments.
- Work with Finance Committee to implement FBC Financial Policy and financial control requirements.
- Process bi-weekly payroll – Send direct deposit to the bank, Pay EFTPS.
- Pay monthly payroll taxes, file 941s and annual payroll returns quarterly, prepare end-of-year W-2/W-3 forms, and maintain records.
- Prepare 1099 Forms
- Keep accurate and current records of congregation contributions (cash, electronic payments, stock donations, memorial gifts).
- Post weekly contributions to the designated account.
- Prepare and send annual giving reports to contributors.
- Oversee offering counting team.
- Keep confidential all financial contribution information.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Chairman of the Finance Committee. Typically include a balance sheet, income statement, monthly pledging trends, etc.
- Prepare Children’s Day monthly statements, and work with Director & parents on billing.
- Prepare year‐end financial reports.
- Prepare for and cooperate with those appointed to perform occasional audits of financial records.
- Oversee lease agreements.
- Annually update Employee Insurance Amounts.
- Set up files for the New Year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Position
- Have professional qualification or degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years in an accounting or finance-related role
- Demonstrate explicit knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and keep confidential financial information
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines